The holiday season is upon us, and with that comes the pressure of finding the perfect gifts for the ones you love…while sticking to your holiday shopping budget. Between our unique boutiques and holiday shopping events, the Del Mar Plaza can help you find the gifts that’ll make your friends and family smile this season. In fact, you can skip the malls altogether and shop in a more relaxed environment, complete with ocean views.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming holiday shopping events at the Del Mar Plaza, and you’ll be sure to find a gift for everyone on your list.
Holiday Pop-Up Market || November 24
Sleep in, skip the Black Friday crowds, and still find some unique gifts at the Plaza’s Holiday Pop-Up Market. If you just can’t pass up the chance to fight over a discounted TV, then come visit the Plaza after the chaos at the mall to unwind with live music, wine tasting, and hot cocoa. Not only will our own shops and boutiques be offering discounts, we’ve also invited local merchants to set up shop on our rooftop deck. Vendors include:
- Ashley Eisenman Design
- be Runa
- Coco Rose
- Gypsy Posh
- Jellyfish Jewelry
- Mantra Makeup Mat
- Mikolich Honey
- Moonglade Brews
- Seam Reap
- Sheri Liebert Designs
- Thyme of Essence
- Wander Wet Bags
Bring the whole family and have your picture taken with Santa before enjoying a late lunch or dinner at one of our award-winning restaurants. Entertainment and vendors will be set up from 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Small Business Saturday || November 25
If you can’t make it out to our Holiday Pop-Up Market on Friday, swing by the Plaza on Small Business Saturday to support your local shops. From home goods to jewelry to apparel, our unique shops will be open and ready to help you find the gift you’re looking for. These are some of the one-of-a-kind boutiques and gifts you can find only at the Del Mar Plaza.
- You can find a curated collection of Bohemian-inspired tunics, rompers, and sundresses at Coco Rose.
- Del Mar Art Center is a non-profit gallery that showcases some of the city’s up-and-coming artists; you can pick up a unique piece you can’t get anywhere else.
- Gary’s Studio has a selection of bold, colorful, and sophisticated suits for men.
- If you’re looking for something really special—and sparkly—visit Loghman Jewelers for handmade Italian jewelry pieces.
- Made In Earth also offers unique jewelry pieces, each crafted with beautiful, natural gemstones and crystals.
- Find a photograph that speaks to you at Michael Seewald Galleries.
- Peaches En Regalia is a little boutique with lots of high-end sundresses, blouses, and accessories to choose from.
- Urban Beach House has California-cool and San Diego-branded items (like shirts, hats, and sweatshirts) for the whole family.
- Urban Girl Accessories has a fun and colorful mix of gifts, jewelry, and clothing.
After shopping around, don’t forget to stop by one of our restaurants for a local take on a delicious holiday dinner.
Holiday Voucher Program || November 23 – December 31
Speaking of dinner, the holiday season marks the kick-off of DMVA’s Holiday Voucher Program. When you spend $75 at any participating shop or boutique within the Del Mar Village, you’ll receive a $15 voucher to use at one of more than a dozen participating restaurants, including Plaza favorites like Del Mar Rendezvous, Pacifica Del Mar, Pacifica Breeze Café, and Shimbashi Izakaya. You can save it for a special night out like a holiday dinner with friends or a romantic date with your significant other.