Sometimes life can get hectic, and when it does, it’s easy to neglect your girls. Family schedules, work events, kids’ sports, and everything in between can often get in the way of spending quality time with your best friends. It happens.
If you find yourself in this boat, come visit the Del Mar Plaza. From brunch to pampering to happy hour cocktails, we have everything you need—all with incredible ocean views and under a beautiful Del Mar sunny sky. Here’s what you need to know to spend an epic day with your besties.
Start with Brunch
There are plenty of brunch restaurants at the Del Mar Plaza with delicious options to fuel your day.
- Pacifica Breeze Café is a Del Mar favorite for both breakfast and lunch. Their menu includes mouth-watering items like the Del Mar Power Scramble, eggs benedict, shrimp and grits, cinnamon brioche French toast, avocado toast, soup, salad, and sandwiches. The café also has Bloody Marys, mimosas, and beer to start your day off right. Best of all, you can enjoy all these dishes and drinks out on their sun-filled patio, which overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Village of Old Del Mar.
- You can enjoy brunch favorites like eggs Benedict, sugar-spiced salmon hash, homemade lox and bagel, buttermilk pancakes, and a variety of omelets at Pacifica Del Mar. The restaurant also has an extensive cocktail and wine list, plus more than 100 vodkas behind their bar—all of which can lead to a spirited catch-up session.
- Il Fornaio and Enoteca del Fornaio both offer an Italian take on popular brunch dishes. Try the Frittelle Allo Sciroppo D’Acero (pancakes), Uova Alla Benedettina, Frittata Con Gamberi E Spinaci, or Pizza Papalina and don’t forget to order a mimosa, Leonardo, or Bellini.
Take Some Time to Pamper Yourself
With brunch out of the way, you can head over to one of the salons at the Plaza and spend a few hours spoiling yourself.
- Del Mar Nails and Spa is the place to indulge. Services include six different kinds of manicures, six different types of pedicures, two facials options, and a number of waxing services; the salon has packages as well, so you can spend a little extra time pampering.
- Momma’s Medi Spa offers a little more intensive indulgence. Grab your girls and make an appointment for a peel, facial, cellulite treatment, or even fillers and Botox.
- With your face glowing and nails polished, visit Haim, Ltd. Salon to get your hair done. You can spend some time getting your hair cut and colored, or stop by for a quick pick-me-up like a blow-out or makeup application.
Shop Till You Drop
Now that you’re feeling fab, it’s time to update your wardrobe to match your look. With your girls in tow, you’ll have a prime panel of judges to help you find an outfit that’s totally you.
- Coco Rose has a fantastic collection of tunics, rompers, and sundresses with a bohemian flair. You can find an outfit perfect for the seemingly endless summers here in Del Mar.
- Peaches En Regalia is a little boutique with lots of high-end pieces to choose from. You can find great shirts and sundresses in eye-catching patterns, and grab a couple accessories to match.
- Banana Republic is a tried and true favorite. Their apparel has casual, west-coast vibes that can be worn out on another date with the girls, or even in the office.
Get a Workout In
If you and your girls are a more active bunch, Del Mar is the perfect place to spend the day. After brunch at the Plaza, walk down to the beach and swim in the waves or stroll along the beach. You can even rent a wetsuit and board, and take a group lesson to learn how to surf.
There are also plenty of hiking trails nearby that’ll help you build a sweat, and a new “athleisure” outfit from Lorna Jane will help you break a sweat in style. Head to the trails with your new hiking attire and be prepared for some breathtaking views.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve offers easy to moderate routes and has several trailheads that end at the ocean.
- San Dieguito Lagoon is one of the best trails to bird watch and get in touch with nature.
- Riverpath Del Mar is a quarter-mile route that is easy enough to stroll as you catch up with your best friends.
- San Elijo Lagoon is one of the county’s largest coastal wetlands, so you’re bound to see some wildlife as your hike. Most of the trails take about an hour and a half to complete.
End the Day with Dinner & Drinks
After spending quality time with the girls, you’ll definitely want to end the day on a high note—with dinner and drinks, of course. There are so many delicious dining choices at the Plaza, you might find yourselves hopping around and trying them all.
- Del Mar Rendezvous is an award-winning restaurant with modern Chinese cuisine. You can choose from traditional noodle and rice dishes, or try one of their signature entrees like the Pungent Crispy Chicken, Shrimp and Scallop Sauté, or Buddha’s Treasure. They offer gluten-free, vegetarians, and vegan options as well.
- Pacifica Del Mar is another award-winning restaurant, known for their seafood and coastal cuisine. The restaurant also has more than 100 of the world’s finest vodkas at their ocean bar and daily happy hour specials.
- Shimbashi Izakaya has a menu of fresh seafood, sashimi, sushi, udon noodles, and other modern Japanese dishes. The restaurant is set up with several dining areas, each with its own unique atmosphere; you can sit in the traditional dining room, outside on the patio, at the sake bar (which has cocktails, beer, and dozens of sake), or at the sushi bar to watch the chefs work.
- If Italian food is more your thing, grab a table at Il Fornaio or Enoteca del Fornaio. Both restaurants use the freshest ingredients and traditional cooking techniques to create authentic Italian dishes. They also offer a wide variety of premium-quality wines and cocktails to pair with your dinner.
The Del Mar Plaza truly has everything you need to bond with your besties and create an epic girls’ day. Visit us online for business hours and more information.