There’s no better time than the summer for a picnic in Del Mar. From something super simple to an elaborate spread, dining al fresco surrounded by the beauty of Del Mar can’t be beat. Whether you’ve never picnicked before or are just looking for ways to enhance your experience, make sure you have these five things on your next nosh in nature.
- Blanket – Sea Biscuit Del Mar has a few options in their home décor section, including a fringed one that comes with its own tote.
- Food – If you’re going to picnic during the last Twilight Concert Series of the summer, then you’re in luck! Order a Gourmet Beach box from Il Fornaio or Pacifica Del Mar and you’ll have everything you need for the perfect picnic. If you can’t make it to the show and are choosing to picnic another day, Il Fornaio, Pacifica Del Mar, Pacifica Breeze Café, Del Mar Rendezvous, and Shimbashi Izakaya all accept take-out orders.
- Utensils – When you order out from one of our restaurants, just tell them you’ll need some utensils, and you’ll be set.
- Dining “Table” – We don’t expect you to bring a full table with you on a picnic, but it’s a good idea to pack something that’ll keep your food, drinks, and utensils off the ground. Sea Biscuit Del Mar sells woven, rattan, and metal trays you can bring with you out on your picnic, and then take home as décor.
- Location – No matter where you turn, you’ll be able to find an ample location to set out your blanket and tuck into your meal. Seagrove Park, Powerhouse Park, and North Beach are all excellent options. Of course, if you’d rather eat at a table than a blanket, grab a seat at one of the award-winning restaurants at Del Mar Plaza where you can dine while still soaking up the sunshine.