Nothing makes a weekday brighter than a very happy hour spent with friends. The restaurants at the Del Mar Plaza know how important happy hour can be when you hit a mid-week slump; that’s why they offer specials and deals that are hard to pass up, no matter how tired you may be after work.
So visit us at the Plaza and turn your day from stressful to happy with one of these 12 can’t-miss specials.
Pacifica Del Mar
Pacifica Del Mar may be known for its fresh, innovative seafood, but it’s the restaurant’s Happy Hour that will make your night. With more than 100 of the world’s finest vodkas behind the Ocean Bar, it’s the perfect place to catch up with friends over a couple cocktails and some bar bites—especially when they’re discounted.
Happy Hour: 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Tuesday – Saturday; all night long, Sunday and Monday
- Toast with your friends to $2 off all beers, wines by the glass, and featured cocktails.
- During happy hour, enjoy 1/2 off Small Plates like Pork or Blackened Fish Tacos, Rolled Tacos, Pacifica Oyster Shooters, Peppered Ahi Takoshimi, and flat breads.
- It’s not just the snacks that are on special; the Ocean Bar Bites are all $2 off as well. You can order appetizers like Hamachi Sashimi, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, and Crispy Calamari, or opt for something a little more substantial like a Sugar Spiced Salmon Sandwich, Bucatini Pasta, Sugar Spiced Salmon (as a half entrée), or Pan Roasted Seabass (also a half entrée).
Il Fornaio & Enoteca del Fornaio
Whether you like pasta, pizza, or vino, Il Fornaio and Enoteca del Fornaio are where you should be spending your happy hour. And since happy hour falls just before sunset, opt to sit outside to catch the twilight sky changing colors. If it starts getting cold, you can move to the outdoor fireplace and stay happy a few hours longer.
Happy Hour: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- The specials at these restaurants can be rounded out as the $5 Happy Hour. A few of their most popular dishes, like Carpaccio, Rustichella, and many of their wine, brews, and specialty cocktails are all only $5.
Del Mar Rendezvous
Del Mar Rendezvous was named one of the 50 best Chinese restaurants in the U.S. by CNN Travel, and that’s in large part, due to its authentic yet innovative cuisine. It’s not just the amazing food that’s the only draw for guests; the restaurant’s weekday happy hour is also a your reason to visit.
Happy Hour: Lunchtime – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Start your happy hour off with a toast! Draft beer and select wines are 1/2 off until 6:00 p.m.
- Even though happy hour is often dedicated to the libations, we definitely recommend ordering some food. Enjoy 1/2 price dim sum when you order two dinner entrees. That means you can try dishes like Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi, Pot Stickers, Honey Glazed Spare Ribs, Peppery Fried Calamari, and traditional Ha Gau Siu Mai (shrimp and/or pork dumplings) along with your meal without breaking the bank.
Shimbashi Izakaya is designed after the izakayas, or pubs, in Japan—so you can definitely expect excellent happy hour specials. Part of the izakaya concept includes sharing your food with friends, and many of Shimbashi’s shareable plates are on the happy hour menu. Of course, so is beer, wine, sake, and a number of delicious specialty cocktails.
Happy Hour: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- If you’re a simplist, you’ll appreciate Shimbashi’s beer specials; its draft beer and bottle of Sapporo are all under $4.
- Wine lovers will be excited that glasses of house red or house white wine and hot sake are all just $6.
- The bar’s cocktails are also just $6 each—and they all have a twist that’ll make you want to order more than one. For example, the Okinawa Margarita is made with Awamori—an imported liquor from Okinawa, Japan. A few of the other cocktails—like the Shimbashi Sunrise, Cu’tini, Lychee Martini, and Shimbashi Mojito—all have a Shochu base.
- Small bites like seaweed salad, gobu French fries, baked mussels, and edamame are $5 or under.
- The restaurant’s freshly made rolls and hand rolls are also just $6 and $4 (respectively). You can order your favorites, like Spicy Tuna Rolls or Philly Rolls or try something new and split it with a friend.
- Finally, you can get two pieces of sushi—tuna, salmon, yellowtail, seared albacore, shrimp, halibut, and/or egg omelet—for $5.
At the Del Mar Plaza, happy hour can last a lot longer than 60 minutes. Visit us online for a full restaurant directory and a list of specials and special events.